Major Highlights of SR Asia International Conference 2012
SR Asia focus’s on socially responsible products (SR), productivity and services. The international conference will debate and deliberate how sustainability can be attained by producing SR products.
The concept of corporate social responsibility (CSR) has transformed as socially responsibility (SR). The role of all stake holders is more important now than ever. Historical evidence indicates that the social revolutions have been more successful due the new technologies, products and services. Since sustainability is a key issue which is scaring everybody, the experts from various spectrum will discuss around how much socially responsible products and services has a role to improve the current situation.
The subject and discussion is going to be around SR Products in relation to the various International standards and national voluntarily guidelines on corporate social responsibility. One of the important parameters will be how CSR will help develop trade within regions and beyond like Europe etc. Other dimensions will be discussed too but how SR products will help in minimising social problems be it health, safety, environment, accountability, governance, human rights, consumer rights, stake holder engagement etc
Every citizen in Asia has a right to get socially acceptable products, the experts thus will deliberate on multiple dimensions by which we can set an agenda for the future products and services. Some companies will exhibit during the conference how SR has helped them in all spheres of their business and more importantly sustainability.
Objectives of the international conference
The SR Asia International Conference 2012 has been designed as a unique platform to avail social responsible products and services to Asian population: individuals and organizations to catalyze social change, giving impetus to developing Asia. It is our belief that this endeavour will have a game-changing impact nationwide on the way the stakeholders work together towards the common goal of creating large partnerships in future for developing socially responsible products and serving their nation first.
It specifically aims to ensure strong and lasting links between Government, policy makers, Industry and the Voluntary Organizations through:
- Discussions on ways and means of forging sustainable partnerships which will assist stakeholders to accomplish their respective missions.
- Developing socially responsible products through engagement of all stake holders and setting new perspectives.
- Social Responsibility Priority areas in the Asia region for ensuring sustainable governance and improving regional trade.
- Identification of key policy interventions that will enable and catalyze enhanced engagement between the Voluntary Sector and other stakeholders keen to make SR a business agenda.
- Showcasing successful models and best practices in project implementation and partnerships that will provide insights and new learnings on the way forward.
- Facilitation of direct linkages among Policy Makers, Industry and the Voluntary Sectors by showcasing a shelf of projects which will enable the corporate sector to participate in initiatives which are aligned to their core strengths and SR Strategies.
- Capacity building of NGOs to connect with Corporate Aspiration and
- Identify mechanism for individual contributions by employees from corporate sector and others to social causes.
- Opportunities and Challenges for defining and sustaining Individual and Political Social Responsibility
- Creating a ‘SR ASIA Forum’ that can over the years, become a part of the Asian ethos. It will act as a marketplace for corporates, funding organizations to identify commitments that fit their core business and philanthropic goals and adopt the same as civic commitments.